Price: 2 TU
Place: MHM computer a.s., Prague
Click on a term to show Training request form
Terms on site:
This blended package provides intensive training on administering Hitachi Ops Center Administrator. It is made up of two parts:
- A 2–day instructor–led, lab intensive course focused on Hitachi Ops Center Administrator
- A self–paced online course providing theory, lectures, and guided lab demonstrations on storage administration and Hitachi Ops Center Administrator. It also includes an additional six months of access to the Hitachi Virtual Lab (HVL) that corresponds to the lab exercises offered in this course, allowing you to practice the lab exercises again.
In the instructor–led session, you will have intensive hands–on practice managing and provisioning Hitachi Ops Center Administrator. You will learn to set up and configure storage, create parity groups, pools, volumes, and LUNs. Additionally, you will be managing and creating Volume Migration and Protection. You will also practice managing and monitoring storage from the Hitachi Ops Center Administrator Dashboard and using the command line interface.
The online self–paced course provides a deeper dive into the theory and concepts covered in the instructor–led portion.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Storage Administrator
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Basic knowledge of management software
- Basic understanding of block storage
- RAID storage systems and their basic functions
- Volume creation and management
- Pool creation and management
- Parity group creation and management
RECOMMENDED PREP COURSES
- Getting Started with Hitachi Ops Center Administrator – TXC6784
- Managing Hitachi Ops Center Analyzer – TXI3684
- Managing Data Protection with Hitachi Ops Center Protector – TSI2995
At the successful completion of this course, you will receive the Hitachi Ops Center Administration Management digital badge.
If you are interested in pursuing a certification or qualification, this course prepares you for the following Hitachi Vantara Qualified Professional qualification test:
Depending on the location and course delivery format, this closed-book, proctored qualification test may be offered and administered by the instructor at the conclusion of this course, using the Kryterion Webassessor system. It is also available online (online proctored) and at Kryterion testing centers (onsite proctored).
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Give a brief overview of the Hitachi storage systems
- Describe a Hitachi Ops Center Administrator installation and upgrades
- Use the Hitachi Ops Center Administrator Dashboard to add storage systems
- Explain how to create parity groups, pools, and volumes
- Describe the host operations by attaching volumes, running workflow and settings storage system ports attributes
- Use Hitachi Ops Center Administrator Dashboard for cloning and snapshot to protect a volume, and describe High Availability feature
- Explain how to discover storage systems, servers, and fabric switches
- Describe the concepts of migration and the use of command line interface (CLI) methods, both CCI and REST API
- Describe multipathing concepts including the Asymmetric Logical Unit Access (ALUA) feature and Hitachi Dynamic Link Manager (HDLM) and Hitachi Global Link Manager (HGLM) software
- Explain the Virtual Storage Machine (VSM) concept and its applications
- Describe what is Adaptive Data Reduction (ADR) and list its benefits
- Monitor capacity utilization and hardware resources
- Perform backup, restore, and upgrade procedures